How much weight do you gain during pregnancy? Many women questioned this when his weight began to increase along with her pregnancy.
However, some women who do not gain weight just wondering, How Much Weight Should I Gain While Pregnant?
So, in this review we will find out whether it’s someone who is pregnant should gain weight for a certain amount?
Or in other words, should someone who is pregnant needs to achieve a certain weight?
How Much Weight Should I Gain While Pregnant
The average woman needs more than 300 extra calories per day during pregnancy compared to before pregnancy. However, it should be ensured that the calories consumed come from a healthy diet.
It is necessary to support the baby’s health by giving adequate nutrition during the growth process. So, it is very important for pregnant women to maintain a diet while consuming healthy food.
Here is the normal range of how much weight should you gain during pregnancy based on your weight condition before pregnancy.
- Women with an average weight (ideal) should gain 25 to 35 pounds after pregnancy.
- Women with less weight (underweight) should gain about 28 to 40 pounds after pregnancy.
- Women who are overweight may be enough to get 15 to 25 pounds during pregnancy.
In general, you need to gain weight about 2 to 4 pounds during the 3 months of your pregnancy. And 1 pound per week for the rest of pregnancy.
But if you have twins, then you need to get 1.5 pounds per week for the rest of pregnancy (after the first 3 months).
Keep in mind that it is very important for you to completely control your weight if the bladder is twins. This is important because your weight will greatly affect the baby’s weight.
On the other hand, the birth of twins is usually faster than normal birth (1 baby), so achieving their weight is very important. The heavier the better.
To achieve this, you may need an intake about 3000 to 3500 calories per day.
That was brief information about how much weight to gain during pregnancy. However, you should consult your doctor for the best result.
Tips to Gain the Right amount of Weight during Pregnancy
As a complement to this review, here are some tips on how you can achieve your target weight during pregnancy.
- Add peanut butter when eating biscuits, apples, or bananas. One spoon of it will add about 100 calories and 7 grams of protein.
- Add extra to your snacks such as butter, cream, or cheese.
- Eat at least 5 to 6 small meals each day.
- Prepare snacks around you for snacking, such as biscuits, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, and dried fruit.